Wednesday 27 July 2011

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - Please Be Amazing!

It's my birthday on Friday and I was planning on treating myself to something nice with money from my grandparents. As you will see in an upcoming post, I've been having trouble with foundations at the moment. I'd been thinking about trying Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua since Fleur De Force raved about it months ago when it first came out. I was wandering around Debenhams swatching things when I decided to just bite the bullet and buy it. 


The girl at the Chanel counter was lovely and tested both B30 and B40 on me. We decided that B40 was the best match at the moment and I thought it was a safer bet since I tan very quickly in the sun so didn't want to end up with something which would become too light too quickly. If I find that B40 is too dark in winter, I may go back and get B30. She also advised me that this foundation is best applied with fingers which I'm pleased about as I've gone back to using my fingers over a brush as I found with a brush I was using far too much product.








This was £31 in Debenhams but I had £10 worth of points on my Beauty Club card so I only paid £21. The full price was putting me off a bit so I was glad that I paid a bit less but if I love it, I won't mind buying it again at full price. 

The bottle looks really small but it does contain 30ml of product which is the standard size of most foundations. I guess it will be handy for when I travel (which isn't often!) and I like that it's plastic so my cat won't be able to smash it when he inevitably throws it off the bed (he likes 'helping' me with my make up in the mornings).

Wish me luck! If this one doesn't work for me I think I might scream!


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?

Stace xx



No comments:

Post a Comment