Saturday 30 July 2011

Haul & Swatches: NYX Order from Cherryculture.com

I placed an order on Cherryculture.com for some NYX sale items recently. I paid $41 (£25) in total, including postage which was around $14 (£8.50). It was worth the extra postage, though as everything worked out a lot cheaper than if I'd bought it from a UK stockist such as Cocktailcosmetics.co.uk. I've found the prices of NYX items in the UK have gone up by a lot as the companies selling them seem to have realised that they're pretty popular! I've done a price comparison for you in this post. 


Here's what I picked up!




Rouge Cream Blush in Glow & Orange


Glow


Orange


Cherryculture Price: $4.75 (£2.90) each
Cocktail Cosmetics Price: £7.95 each


Round Lipsticks in Rose & Peach Belini 



Cherryculture Price: $1.99 (£1.20) each
Cocktailcosmetics Price: £3.50 each


Round Lipgloss in Apricot, Cafe Latte & Peach



Cherryculture Price: $1.75 (£1.07) each
Cocktailcosmetics Price: £2.95 each


Mega Shine Lipgloss in Beige


Cherryculture Price: $3.75 (£2.28) 
Cocktailcosmetics Price: £4.95


Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam



Cherryculture Price: $4.50 (£2.75) 
Cocktailcosmetics Price: £4.95


The items were packaged very well and arrived within a week. Cherryculture also have a rewards system whereby you build up points which eventually become vouchers for money off. I'm quite a bit off getting a voucher but I still thought it was a nice touch! 

As you can probably see from the prices, buying from a UK site is definitely a lot more expensive. Here are the shipping prices and grand totals:

Cherryculture Shipping: $14 (£8.50) 
(this will vary depending on the size of your order and the delivery method you choose - I chose the cheapest)

Cocktailcosmetics Shipping: £3.25 for Royal Mail Recorded in the UK
(for Next Day delivery it's £6.45 and £7.50 for the rest of Europe)

Cherryculture Grand Total: £24.94
Cocktailcosmetics Grand Total: £44.90

I think if you're looking for some NYX products and you're not in the US, try ordering from Cherryculture.com. It's best to wait until you can do one big order or maybe order together with a friend to make the higher postage worth it. Also, watch out for their sales.


I hope this was useful!

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. What a haul! I love peach belini and the soft matte lip creams (love a good matte lip I do haha). Totally sucks about you breaking out :( have you tried rimmel 25hr foundation? a lot love that xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm developing a bit of a collection of Matte Lip Creams! I've caved and bought Vitalumiere Aqua...I had some money off it though :) It is very similar to Healthy Mix - it doesn't look as dewy initially but once it settles on the skin the finish is almost the same. Thanks for the recommendation :) I was always afraid of the rimmel being a bit too cakey?xx

    ReplyDelete