Tuesday 26 July 2011

Review & Swatches: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner

I've recently rediscovered these gems! I have three of the shades: Black Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink and Sepia Ink. 




L-R: Black Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink, Sepia Ink


Black Ink


Ivy Shimmer Ink


Sepia Ink


L-R: Sepia Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink, Black Ink


Product: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner

Price: £15.50 at Bobbibrown.com or any Bobbi Brown stockists

Description: "This award-winning liner gives you the look of liquid liner with the ease & feel of a gel formula. Long-wearing, water-resistant colour glides on and let's you get it just right before it dries - then stays without a smear or crease."

What's Good About These?
Lots of things! I've had Black Ink for well over a year now and it's still as creamy as it was the day I bought it. I find them so easy to apply (especially using a bent eyeliner brush - my new favourite eyeliner brush!), even on my waterline. They dry down quickly and last forever. I don't get any smudging with these. I've tried a Clinique Brush On Cream Liner as I'd heard good things about those but I still prefer my Bobbi Brown gel liners because I find them easier to apply (the Clinique ones are almost too creamy) and that they last longer.

What's Disappointing?
They are pricey and if they're not stored correctly, they could dry up before you've finished using them. I always make sure the lid is on really tightly and that they're stored in a cool, dark place.

Overall Score & Comment: 10/10 - I honestly can't fault these as I find they do what they claim they will do. I especially like that they stay creamy for such a long time as I feel this makes them worth their price. I'd like to get my hands on a couple of other shades!


Have you tried any Bobbi Brown gel liners? Or do you have any recommendations for other good gel liners?

Stace xx






No comments:

Post a Comment