Wednesday 26 October 2011

Review: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire


Before I used it


The mini brush


Heavier swatch on the top, sheerer on the bottom





Product: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in 03 Illusoire


Price: £22.50 for 4g (including travel sized brush)


Description: “This intensely shimmering long-wear eyeshadow offers true versatility. An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner. Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.”


What's Good About It?
This is going to be a bit of a rave review because I absolutely love this product. It can be worn sheerly for a nice wash of colour or can be built up for a more intense look. The texture is very easy to work with and not something to be scared of. The colour is one I think will be universally flattering; on me it seems to look a lot more purple than it does on some others. I'd describe it as a plum-taupe or something like that! When applied correctly, this is totally crease-proof. Even though it's shimmery, I still wear this during the day and as long as I keep the rest of my face pretty neutral.


What's Disappointing?
I don't think the inclusion of a brush was necessary; I mean, it kind of works but these so easy to apply with fingers that I don't really see the point of using a brush unless it's being used as a liner. I am a bit concerned about how long these will last before drying up but I guess only time will tell! These are the only two little niggles I have with this product. I should add that it's best to build this up in layers. The first time I used it, I put on one thick-ish layer and it did crease since I didn't use a base. Since then I've been using it in thin layers without a base.


Overall Score & Comment: 9/10 - I think every girl should own this. I was sceptical for a long time but I'm so glad I caved and bought this. The other shade I want to try is Epatant but I think this particular shade is more versatile for a wider range of skintones.




Do you own any of these? Any thoughts?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment