Sunday 20 November 2011

BeneFit "They're Real" Mascara

I picked up BeneFit's They're Real mascara about a month ago. It was a total impulse buy and I didn't need a new mascara so I kept it in the box until I'd used up the mascaras I already had. I started using this for my halloween make up so I've been using it for over a fortnight now and feel I'm ready to let you guys know what I think.








Sorry for the creepy photo - I was trying to show the spiked end of the wand!


I tried to take one with my eyes open but they all looked crazy!



Product: BeneFit They're Real Mascara

Price: £18.50

Description:

"It's the mascara that's beyond belief! This jet-black mascara lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts & separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look."


What's Good About It?

I really like this mascara! No, your eyes are not deceiving you. I've actually found a mascara I really like! My main problem with most mascaras I've tried was that they smudged. This one doesn't. It also gives me the most length, volume and separation I've never found in a mascara. I use two coats as I find it difficult to get an even look with just one. That means my lashes look pretty dramatic but I really like the look. I've been doing very simple eyeshadow looks recently so the lashes don't look too over the top. 

What's Disappointing?

There are two niggles I have with this mascara. First is that it's a pain to remove - nothing short of scrubbing with water and facial soap will get this off for me. Secondly, the little spiked ball at the end of the wand. It's useful for getting to those little lashes which conventional wands don't reach but it's always loaded with product so you have make sure you wipe it off well before using it on your lashes.

Overall Score & Comment: 8/10 - I didn't expect to like this mascara after having such an awful experience with BeneFit's Bad Gal but I'm very pleasantly surprised by this and will probably repurchase!


Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. This is on my wishlist. Great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex - you're welcome! I hope you love it when you get to try it!

    Manuela - thank you so much :) I will check yours out now!

    xx

    ReplyDelete