Friday 23 December 2011

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

***UPDATE: This was breaking me out so I've had to stop using it :( ***


I tried a sample of this several months ago; I did a swap with someone from France around the time it was released there. I thought I'd really like it as I had found the original Healthy Mix to be a bit too dewy (and break out inducing) for me. I hated the sample so I didn't consider buying the Serum version when it was released here in the UK. 

I'd read/seen quite a few good reviews on this foundation, though, so I decided to give it another go and I'm pleased that I did! I've been using this most days over the past fortnight so I thought it was time to share my review.



Product: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation


Price: £10.99 from Boots or Superdrug


Description:
"16 hour radiance booster Instant anti-fatigue result! Give your skin a boost of radiance with Bourjois’ Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation with a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result!"



What's Good About It?

It's easy to apply with fingers but I sometimes use my E.L.F. Powder Brush if I want a bit more coverage. I like the finish - it's not totally matte but it's not too dewy either. It does give that 'anti-fatigue' effect. I think this will work well on most skin types. The wear is pretty good considering it doesn't feel heavy. I wouldn't say it lasts 16 hours, though. Some people have compared this to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation but I actually think this is more like the Make Up Forever HD. The price is reasonable - I think it's a lot better than some others I've tried in the same price range. 


What's Disappointing?
I need to use a lot more product than I typically would - usually about three pumps and sometimes more if I'm using my fingers. The shade range is pretty poor, too. This foundation comes in fewer shades than the Healthy Mix which is confusing. I was a 54 in the original formula but I had to pick this up in a 53 because they don't make this in a 54. I think it skips to 55 or 56. I think this might be breaking me out. I'm not 100% sure; the blemishes are only on my chin and I normally get spots there anyway but these are very similar to the spots I got when using the original Healthy Mix. I'll keep using it unless I start getting blemishes elsewhere on my face.


Overall Score & Comment: 7/10 - I do like this, there are a few niggles but I think this will be quite a crowd pleaser. If you thought the original Healthy Mix was too dewy, I think you should try this.

 Blended out 

Have you tried this foundation? What's your current favourite?

Stace xx



2 comments:

  1. i really wanted to love both the healthy mix liqiud and serum but they break me out all the time, plus i find the liquid oxidises on me also. Shame as so many people rave about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using this at the moment and I love it !!!!! Not enough coverage for winter though so I mix it with my EL Double Wear x

    ReplyDelete