Sunday 29 January 2012

Product of the Week #5 - NARS Gina

I'm having a bit of a love affair with NARS right now, it seems! I've been using this blush all week and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.




I like NARS blushes in general and own several different shades. I find them to be nicely pigmented and easy to use on the whole. Some shades do require a lighter hand than others, though. Most people have a love-hate relationship with the packaging but I don't have an issue with it; I just try to keep it as clean looking as possible! They are priced at £20.50(link). They are also available from ASOS which offers free delivery and student discount.

NARS describe Gina as a 'tangerine' shade but to me that makes it sound more garish than it really is. It's more like a bright peach. It's just a touch deeper than one of my other favourite blushes; MAC Peaches. It looks great on my NC25/30 skin tone and I can also see this working well for pale girls and with a tan. If your skin is very dark, this may look a bit ashy and I'd suggest trying Taj Mahal (which I also love)! Gina is a matte blush but it doesn't look or feel chalky at all. I apply this with either my MAC 168 or my Illamasqua Highlighter brush. I get a good 8 hours of wear from this blush and I find that when it does fade, it doesn't look patchy at all. Gina looks great when I use darker colours on my eyes; particularly with dark browns and warmer shades.

What was your favourite product this week?

Stace xx





1 comment: