Friday 17 February 2012

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

The original L'Oreal Telescopic mascara retails for £10.99 from Boots and other L'Oreal stockists. L'Oreal say:

"In a flash of a stroke... lashes look up to 60% longer, defined lash by lash.
Do you want longer-looking, more defined lashes in just one step?
It's possible with the fantastic new Telescopic mascara from L'Oréal Paris!
Telescopic length: 
The high-precision flexible brush stretches the formula towards infinity for lashes that look up to 60% longer.

Definition lash by lash:
The brush edges separate the lashes with precision for intensity lash by lash. 
Quick and easy to apply in just one step, with virtually no clumping."




I got this as an extra in a swap recently. I'd been wanting to try it for a while but was so in love with BeneFit's They're Real to consider trying something else. I think I compare every mascara I try to They're Real - it's really set a benchmark for all other mascaras in my eyes (no pun intended!)


The packaging is a little 'different'; it's basically shaped like a telescope. I don't have an issue with it, it doesn't affect how I use the mascara (unlike the wand on Bourjois Elastic which made it so difficult to use!)


The brush is small but not fiddly. It does get to a lot of my shorter lashes, which I like! It's not messy to use and the wand is super flexible.


Here's a quick photo of how this mascara looks on my lashes. Please ignore the fact my foundation looks like it's melting off...more on that in a future blog post! As you can see, my lashes are a little clumpy but other than that they're definitely longer and have a lot more volume than they would without this mascara. I should have taken a naked lash photo for comparison, shouldn't I?

Formula-wise, I think this mascara is a winner for me. It's a lot easier to remove than They're Real and yet it doesn't smudge or flake on me throughout the day. I normally find with new mascaras that they're a bit too wet but I liked this one from day one. It's been open for a month now and it hasn't dried out or changed in any way so that's a plus.

All in all, I am pleased with this mascara and I expect I will repurchase this at some point. That's a pretty bold statement from me; I rarely repurchase mascaras! Is it as good as They're Real? No, it doesn't give me the same 'wow' effect but out of the five or six mascaras I've tried since buying They're Real, this is the one which has by far been the most impressive.


Stace xx


No comments:

Post a Comment