Saturday 31 March 2012

My Top Five: Spring Lip Products



Next up in my Spring top five series is my top five lip products. I love orange and it seems to be everywhere this season which is why three of the five products I've chosen belong to the coral/orange family. I've also picked out a bright pink and a nude shade to add a little bit of variety. In truth, this could have been a top ten or top twenty post but I've been good and stuck to five products.


MAC Viva Glam Nicki
This is one of my most recent purchases from MAC. It's a very bright yellow based pink shade. I can't see myself wearing this much in the autumn or winter so I'm going to wear it as much as I can during the spring and summer. I'll definitely be keeping the rest of my make up very simple when I'm wearing this!


MAC Freckletone
I think this will be my go-to nude shade for spring. I tend to wear warmer toned eyeshadows and blushes so I find this nude works better than something like Blankety because of its peachy undertones. Freckletone has a Lustre finish so it's not particularly long wearing but it's very easy to re-apply on the go.


MAC Tendertone in Purring
I feel a bit bad for including this since it was limited edition and is now sold out almost everywhere. Try your local MAC counter, though as they may still have one or two. This is a deliciously fruity and glossy balm which is pretty sheer. It's not sticky at all and I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this product over the coming months.


Topshop Lipstick in Infared
I got this lipstick recently but I've not worn it a lot yet. The shade is much more flattering than you might expect, particularly on warmer skin tones. I'm planning on wearing it with very minimal eye make up (or a huge pair of sunglasses...) I like the finish of this lipstick too, it's got a bit of a sheen to it. 



Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Firecracker
Yes, this is another orange/coral product! I love these glosses - the quality is great for the price and best of all, they don't leave a sticky feeling on the lips. They've so easy to wear so this is probably what I'll use when I don't feel like wearing a lipstick. It looks like an orange-red in the tube but on the lips it just looks like a sheer orange.


Swatches
L-R: MAC Viva Glam Nicki, MAC Freckletone, MAC Purring Tendertone, Topshop Infared, Revlon Firecracker Super Lustrous Lip Gloss


What are your go to spring lip products?

Stace xx

1 comment:

  1. I've been loving orange/coral lip and nail colours lately, too! Really liking the look of Infared and Firecracker!

    ReplyDelete