Sunday 8 April 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

When I bought Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation recently, I also picked up the Wake Me Up concealer. If you read my review on the foundation (here) you'd know I didn't have the best experience with it. The concealer is another story, though.


I have this concealer in the shade Soft Beige. The coverage is pretty light for a concealer so it's not the best for blemishes but it's a really nice under eye concealer. It is marketed as a full coverage concealer but I wouldn't agree with that. It doesn't feel heavy or look cakey, it doesn't crease and it had a sort of cooling effect, too!



I dot a little onto my under-eye area and blend it on with a MAC 224 brush. I was using my Real Techniques Domed Crease brush but I found it was just buffing the concealer away completely. I think a fluffier brush is an essential when using this concealer. If I think one layer of concealer isn't enough, I can easily add another.



I have pretty bad dark circles; in the photo below I've just used the Wake Me Up concealer. 

The staying power is pretty good for a concealer which feels so light on my skin. It definitely hangs around for a lot longer than the foundation does!


All in all, this is a really nice product and for me, it's much better than the foundation. I picked mine up from Boots for £5.99 (link)

Stace xx

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really good for the price, I'll have to take a look next time I'm in Boots.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you try it!xx

      Delete
  2. im not in love with the foundation either but the concealer actually looks quite good :) xx

    http://c-a-tmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review, All of seen are positive reviews of the foundations so I'm rather excited to go now and take a look at your not so postive review. Yayy tehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an okay foundation but the staying power just isn't there! I much prefer the concealer :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have genetic dark circles and they are pretty bad i want to give a try to this concealer!!!

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete