Sunday 29 April 2012

YSL Glossy Stain in 6 Camel Croisiere


I finally cracked and picked up one of the hyped YSL Glossy Stains. I popped into town a few days ago for no particular reason and ended up at the YSL counter in Debenhams talking to Fred Letailleur, YSL's European make up artist. 


I told him I needed a lipstick to cheer myself up and we decided on this peachy orange Glossy Stain in shade 6 - Camel Croisiere. I had previously tried a darker, brighter orange shade but I thought it was too similar to some lipsticks I already have and not a colour I'd wear all the time. 


I've not stopped wearing this since I bought it. I'm sure you've already read lots of reviews so I'm not sure I have anything new to say. The formula of this product is so odd. It feels just like a gloss when it's first applied but within ten seconds it feels very gloopy and tacky. Around twenty seconds later it dries down a bit but still looks very glossy. I find it's best to apply a couple of layers but because this is a more subtle shade it's more low maintenance than some of the more bold colours. I can reapply on the go very easily if I need to. 


The packaging is pretty but I'm not completely sold on the black and and gold; I'd prefer if it was all one colour, I think. I like that I can see how much product I've used. The applicator looks strange but works well with this product. It's very wide, thin and flexible with a pointed tip. 


I think I'm going to have to pick up a more vibrant shade next! They are priced at £22.50 (link)

Have you tried these? Let me know what you think!

 Stace xx



6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely shade, I've been loving oranges/corals lately and this is lush! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shade is more on the orange side - it darkens quite a bit on the lips xx

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely shade!
    Haven't tried these yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So keen to try these!

    ReplyDelete