Friday 18 May 2012

A Little Lip Product Challenge

I'm really enjoying actually being able to finish up products. As you may have noticed, I've been gradually downsizing my make up collection so that I'm left with only the products I want to use regularly. Lip products are a huge weakness of mine so in order to keep my lipstick spending under control I've set myself a little challenge.


I've picked out five lipsticks and glosses that are on their way out and I'm not allowed to buy another lip product until I've used these five up. They are:

Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam
I love this! I've been using it to death and I'm kind of annoyed that it's not available here but I'm sure I'll manage to get my hands on this if I want to repurchase.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Electric Cherry
This gloss smells delicious and the texture is lovely; it's not sticky at all. It leaves a sheer hint of cherry red on the lips. I've got about 1/5 left.

Dior Lip Polish in Radiance Expert (?)
I'm not 100% sure that this is the shade name as it doesn't say on the packaging. This is the oddest lip gloss I've never used because of  the unusual rolling applicator. It's fun to apply but it doesn't have a great scent so I'll be pleased when I've used it up. I've got around 1/3 left.

17 Mirror Shine in Beehive
I'm not typically a fan of 17 products but I caved and bought three mirror shines back before Christmas because I kept hearing about this shade in particular. I've enjoyed using it but I don't like the packaging and wish it had a less plastic-esque scent.

Clinique Superbalm in Root Beer
This little thing has been 'almost finished' for the longest time! I like the Superbalms from Clinique and have several other mini ones from a set which are handy for popping into my bag. They are really moisturising, as the name would suggest. I think they're one of those sort of 'under-hyped' products, actually. 



Watch out for some of these in my May empties post in a few weeks! I hope I can control the urge to buy a new lipstick at duty free when going on holiday...expect a Wishlist Wednesday post full of lip products!

Stace xx

13 comments:

  1. Great challenge. I am the same way with lip products. They are a huge weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to end up with loads of them, isn't it?xx

      Delete
  2. Ah this is such a brilliant idea! It's easy to use up skincare bis etc but I very rarely finish any make up x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've started using up more make up now that my collection is smaller but it's mostly mascara/foundation sort of products - ones I use every day. xx

      Delete
  3. I love challenges like this. I started one a couple of years ago with body products. I'm just about finishing it.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of YEARS ago?! Jeez! I'm hoping this will only take a month or so :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have loads of lip products! It's scary how many you have!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the easiest things to collect, it seems!xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea!! Thnx girly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welome :) let me know if you try it!xx

      Delete
  6. Good luck lovely, this is a great idea!
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete