Friday 11 May 2012

My Chanel Lipsticks


Firstly, I'd like to apologise that this is quite a photo-heavy post. I got a bit snap happy but I hope you don't mind!


I have four lipsticks from Chanel; one Rouge Coco Shine which is the latest addition and three Rouge Cocos. If I have some Debenhams Beauty Card points and don't need anything sensible like skincare, I've taken to picking up a Chanel lipstick so I expect this collection to grow. 


The packaging is glorious, as you'd expect from Chanel. It feels heavy and expensive; it's definitely the sort of packaging you want to show off. I like that it's black rather than a garish gold or silver colour (yes, I'm talking to you YSL and Dior). 


Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion
As I mentioned, this is my most recent Chanel acquisition and I've only worn it briefly so far. I'm trying to use up some of my older lip products at the moment so that's possibly why. Evasion is a light peachy pink shade (you will notice that this is quite a common theme in this post). It's sheer and glossy but those are the sorts of lipsticks I often find myself reaching for so it suits me just fine. The swatch at the end of this post is quite a heavy one to show the colour. It's not all that different from 17's Beehive if you're after a dupe but it's not as drying and feels much nicer on.


Rouge Coco in Bel Respiro 
This is the first Chanel lipstick I purchased and I wore it on every night out for about six months! It's such an easy to wear orange-red for me. The texture of all the Rouge Cocos I've tried is the same; they're well pigmented but they don't feel uncomfortable at all. They're really easy to re-apply on the go too, which is why this was my favourite going out shade. 


Rouge Coco in Chintz
This shade is a great everyday lipstick for me if I want something that's more pigmented and less glossy than the sheer lipsticks I often reach for. As you can probably see in the swatches, this shade and Peregrina are very similar (they're more different in real life, honest!) but this shade is slightly more pink.


Rouge Coco in Peregrina
This Rouge Coco is a peachier version of Chintz and I prefer it for that reason. As with the other two Rouge Cocos I have, the formulation is great. If you like the colour of Evasion but would prefer more staying power, Peregrina would be an excellent alternative. 


L-R: Evasion, Bel Respiro, Chintz, Peregrina

I have a few more on my wishlist so let me know if you have any favourites from Chanel!

Stace xx

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh Chanel lippies are such treats! They're absolutely freaking gorgeous and so luxurious looking! Jelous of all of yours!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's only a little collection for now...haha!xx

      Delete
  2. Some lovely shades, right up my street! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one Rouge Coco Shine, can't wait to purchase more! Love all the colours of yours too, so pretty :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Chanel lipsticks yet but I am sure I could find a color or two to add to a wishlist. I really like the Bel Respiro color that you swatched.

    ReplyDelete