Friday 15 June 2012

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream


I picked up this travel sized tube of L'Occitane's Shea Butter hand cream a while back for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I wanted to see how it compared to my favourite Clarins Hand & Nail Treatment cream and secondly, because it's a handy size for handbags.

I've used about half of the tube now so I felt it's about time I reviewed it! Compared with my favourite from Clarins, it doesn't smell as nice and it does take a little longer to absorb into the skin.



However, all is not lost! This hand cream provides a nice amount of hydration to the skin on my hands and whilst it does take a little longer to sink in, it doesn't take more than a minute or so. I took this on holiday with me and ended up using it as a foot cream which worked pretty well. It was also the only moisturising product I had in my bag on the flight home so I used it on some patches of dry skin on my arms so it's a great multi-purpose product, in my opinion.

All in all, it's a nice product. It's not my favourite hand cream but if you tried the Clarins one and didn't like the scent, you might prefer the less powerful scent of this. 

Available online here and anywhere L'Occitane is sold. It's £8.00 for a 30ml travel size and £18.50 for the 150ml full sized tube. 

Have you tried this hand cream? If you have any other hand cream recommendations, leave them in the comments because I love trying them!

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. I love shea butter! I have an Avon hand lotion which is shea butter and I'm addicted but they don't stock it anymore so I'm having to use it sparingly! xo

    ReplyDelete