Tuesday 24 July 2012

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup


I'd been keen to try the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup since it launched. Estee Lauder claim that this foundation is 'Fresh, flawless, radiant. Ultra light, ultra breathable, oil-free' and it sounded like my perfect foundation. A lot of bloggers and YouTubers have compared this with Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua which is my current foundation of choice so I was expecting great things. 



I was matched to the shade 3WN1 and given a substantial sample to try out. On the subject of shades, this foundation comes in 16 shades as opposed to the five shades Chanel offer with the Vita Lumiere Aqua. They cater for warm, cool and neutral undertones. I'd say 3WN1 is just a hint too dark for me right now and in MAC terms it's around an NC35.


I've tried applying the Invisible Fluid with my fingers and found I needed a lot of product so I prefer using it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I like to use the Vita Lumiere Aqua in a similar way. 

In the photos of my face I've used a little MUA primer and Bobbi Brown Corrector under my eyes but no concealer or powder. 



The coverage is definitely on the sheer side. I have a few healing spots on my chin and as you can see, it's not really done anything to hide those. I also have some redness in my cheeks that it doesn't cover sufficiently for my liking. It's sheerer than Vita Lumiere Aqua. I like sheer/light coverage foundations but the fact that the Invisible fluid didn't even out the redness in my cheeks means it's probably too sheer for me. I'm happy to use concealer on blemishes and dark spots but not over half of my face. 


When I initially apply the Invisible Fluid, the finish isn't particularly dewy. It reminds me a bit of the Bourjous Healthy Mix Serum finish-wise. It looks nice for a couple of hours on me and then it all starts to fall apart; or melt away. I don't have very oily skin but this product makes me look like an oil slick if I don't use powder. I don't mind having to use a powder but the fact the foundation looks quite matte/satin when first applied meant that I didn't think I needed to powder, especially given that this is an oil free product. 

If you have pretty clear skin that only needs a little evening out, this could be a great foundation for you, especially if you wanted to try Vita Lumiere Aqua but couldn't find a good shade match. I really wanted to like this foundation but unfortunately it's fallen short for me. It is priced at £27 for 30ml and can be purchased from Estee Lauder stockists.

Have you tried it? What did you think?

Stace xx

1 comment:

  1. I've tried this and really liked it, shame you didn't get on with it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete