Thursday 30 August 2012

August Empties

It's empties time again! I didn't get through a lot of products this month but I did use up more make up items than in previous months.


Garnier Body Tonic Sugar Scrub
I mention this body scrub far too much on this blog but it really is my favourite! I've already bought another tube of it.

Sanctuary Mum To Be Shower Oil
I got this as an extra in a swap once and thought it was a bit strange to be sent something meant for pregnant women but I decided to use it up anyway. It's just okay.

The Body Shop Green Apple Shower Gel
I love the scent of this product; it really does smell of apples. It's not the most moisturising shower gel out there but I still like it.

Osmo Berber Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo
I enjoyed using this shampoo. I recently reviewed a trio of products from this line (here) including this shampoo. 

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser
This moisturiser is great if you have blemish prone skin. I apply a thick layer of it before bed when I feel my skin needs it. It also works well under foundation so I sometimes use it in the mornings too. I've already picked up a couple of new tubes of this.


Revlon Lip Butter in Fig Jam
This is/was my favourite lip butter shade. It's a dark brown/plum shade that is a lot more flattering than it sounds! I actually tracked down a MAC lipstick to dupe this because Fig Jam is sadly not available in the UK. 

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Sample
I mixed this with my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation sample to help with staying power/oil control and loved the combination but I won't be heading out to pick up the full size of this.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Electric Cherry
These glosses smell delicious and I love the non-sticky formula. This particular shade looks a bit weird on me (according to my boyfriend anyway!) and it was limited edition, I believe, so I'll not be repurchasing it. I am interested in trying other shades from the Pure Color gloss range, though.

Maybelline One by One Mascara
I liked this mascara and reviewed it (here) but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it for a while because there are so many other mascaras I still want to try.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Sample
I used this up by mixing it with the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid and loved the results but on it's own I wouldn't recommend this foundation. 

Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Sample
I really liked the effect of this mascara but it was so dry and quite difficult to use so I'm not sure if I'd purchase the full size. Besides, I've not managed to find a UK seller which stocks this.

MAC 188 Brush
I want to cry about this one! This isn't an empty as such but I managed to break/ruin my MAC 188 brush. I was washing it and pulled a little too hard on the bristles so the whole brush head popped out. I've had this brush for well over a year and it was my favourite highlighting brush. Let this be a lesson to you all...be nice to your brushes. 

Sally Hansen Insta Dri Top Coat
I've already repurchased this. It's frustrating when I have to get rid of these when they're still half full but they just become too gloopy to use.

Did you use up many products this month?

Stace xx

6 comments:

  1. Your title reminded me of Kevin Bridges' sketch about empties have you seen it? He's the man!

    http://effytalkslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... lovely post. i'll definitely try this body scrub, if it's available here in germany.

    xoxo
    lilly

    http://lostinseptember.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! RIP MAC brush. You were loved and cherished and will never be forgotten. Hope you're having a good time up there in Brush Heaven <3

    LOL sorry. I get a bit weird at this time of night. :P

    But anyway, what I was intending on saying before I read about the poor brush was that we always seem to fall in love with the stuff we can't easily get! glad you found a dupe though :D hopefully it's a permanent MAC shade! :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gutted! Best highlighting brush EVER! I can't bring myself to fork out for a replacement just yet...

      It is a permanent shade from MAC; it's called Spice It Up. I have to be honest, I've only worn it once because I was still finishing up Fig Jam but I imagine now that that's gone I'll use the MAC one more. I got it as part of a Back 2 MAC so don't feel too guilty about not using it lots so far.

      xx

      Delete