Sunday 19 August 2012

NOTD: L'Oreal Color Riche in Beige Countess


I seem to be really into L'Oreal products at the moment and my collection of Color Riche polishes has been growing steadily as a result! I like these polishes because they're only 5ml so I stand a chance of actually using them up before they become too gloopy to use. They are £4.99 each but as with most drugstore products they are on offer quite regularly. I don't think I've paid full price for any of mine. 


Beige Countess is a neutral beige shade with a hint of pink. In some lights it looks very beige and in others it looks almost like a mauve-pink. It reminds me a little of Essie's Lady Like. It has a glossy cream finish; it's definitely shiny enough on it's own not to require a top coat for added shine. I always use a fast drying top coat, though.


I like the shape of the brush because it's wide and flat. Since these polishes are quite small I was anticipating a tiny brush so I was pleasantly surprised. My only issue with the brush is that the bristles are quite coarse which means the polish can look streaky. I find I have to apply three coats of almost all of the Color Riche polishes for this reason.  


In the photo above I used the Revlon ColorStay base coat, three coats of Beige Countess and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. I think it's a nice neutral shade that I can see myself reaching for quite often.

What do you think?

Stace xx

2 comments:

  1. The color is very beautiful. Flesh tone and light pink nail colors are really in this season, plus you can hide the chips LOL. I erally like your blog and I'm now following:)
    cutenquirky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is easier to wear than some really pale nude shades. Thank you for reading, commenting and following!xx

      Delete