Thursday 16 August 2012

Osmo Berber Oil Collection

When I was offered the opportunity to try out the Osmo Berber Oil range I jumped at the chance. I've been a fan of the Macadamia Natural Oil range since the beginning of the year and wanted to see how the Osmo range compared. I was sent the Rejuvenating Cleanser shampoo, the Hair Treatment oil and the Restoration Therapy mask.* 

All three products are generous travel sizes; I got between 15-20 washes from the 75ml shampoo (and I have very long hair), I've used the 75ml mask four times and still have lots left and I used the 10ml oil each time I washed my hair. These will definitely get you through a fortnight in the sun! 


I should point out that the Osmo range is, on the whole, more affordable than the Macadamia range I was using. The smaller sized items I'm reviewing are priced at £3.59 for the shampoo, £3.99 for the mask and £5.90 for the oil. The full sized products are £7.99 for the shampoo and mask (250ml each) and £17.60 for 100ml of the oil. The biggest difference in price is between the masks; the Macadamia Deep repair mask is £20.35 for 250 ml. I also find the packaging of the Osmo range to be a bit more travel friendly and easier to use in general compared with the bottles and jars the Macadamia products come in. 

I have to admit I didn't think this range would be as good as the Macadamia products I love but I've been so impressed by the Osmo Berber Oil range that I actually prefer a couple of the products to the equivalents from Macadamia. I should probably tell you a bit about the products now, shouldn't I?



The first thing I noticed about the Rejuvenating Cleanser shampoo was the scent; it's spicy and fruity and delicious! It is quite thick in consistency which made it a bit more difficult for me to work it through my hair but I generally stick to shampooing the roots anyway. Aside from cleansing the hair this shampoo aims to hydrate the hair and leave it looking radiant. I'd say that it does deliver on those claims for me but I don't have particularly dry or damaged hair. In the past I've found that shampoos which claim to 'hydrate' hair usually just make mine look greasy but this one didn't, thankfully! If you're in the market for a new shampoo, I'd definitely recommend this one if you don't have any major hair issues; this is my favourite product from the range. 


The Restoration Therapy mask is the product I've used the least because I can only use it once a week. I find if I use a hair mask any more than that, my hair gets greasy and limp. I could only use the Macadamia mask once every ten days because it was so thick and hydrating but this mask from the Osmo Berber Oil collection is a little more lightweight. I apply it to damp hair after shampooing, leave it on for five minutes and rinse out. It leaves the ends of my hair looking smooth (despite the fact I'm in desperate need of a hair cut). The lighter texture of this product means I can use it a little more often and if I was on holiday in the sun I'd probably use it every couple of days without worrying about it weighing my hair down. If you do have quite dry or damaged hair, you would probably prefer the Macadamia mask but if you've got normal/oily hair, I'd recommend this one instead.


The Hair Treatment oil is the third product I tried. I used this through the ends of my hair after washing it and whilst I did like it, I get better results from my Macadamia equivalent. This oil is a bit thinner in consistency but leaves my hair feeling a little weighed down with product even when I only use a tiny bit. It does make my hair look smooth and shiny, though. It's not a terrible product, I just found it to be a bit too nourishing for me.

All the products mentioned in this post are available on FeelUnique.com (link)  

Have you tried this range or anything similar?

Stace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment