Saturday 18 August 2012

Worth The Hype? Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

I've decided to do a little series on the blog called 'Worth The Hype?' My aim is to do a post once a week about products or groups of products that receive or have received a lot of attention from the beauty community. I usually try to make sensible decisions when buying new make up but sometimes when a product is talked about so much, I just have to try it and see what the fuss is about!



This week I'm going to be talking about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains which launched in the UK this summer. Despite hearing good things about these products from Stateside bloggers and YouTubers I told myself that I didn't need them. I wasn't a fan of the Clinique Chubby Sticks that everyone seemed to be comparing these to so I thought I'd save my pennies. 



However, I was in Superdrug one day and spotted the Balm Stains. They were on offer for £5.99 (and still are in Boots - link) so I swatched a few. They were so much creamier and more pigmented than I expected and reminded me more of the Tarte Lip Surgence pencils than the Clinique Chubby Sticks. So, of course, I bought one. I picked up Rendezvous because it was the shade that caught my eye; I love orange shades!


Rendezvous

I decided to give it a whirl the next day and the first thing I noticed was how easy it was to apply. I applied a few layers for the most intense colour and went about my day. I topped it up every three or four hours (after eating/drinking) with ease and by the end of the day my lips were still orange. More importantly, my lips weren't dry at all. I've used this quite a few times now and can safely say that I love it. The sweet minty scent/taste helps as well!


Crush

So I went and bought another shade; Crush. It's a medium berry-red shade which I think will be perfect in during the colder months of the year (which in Glasgow means September - July!) I've only tried this shade once so far but in terms of texture, pigmentation and staying power it performs exactly like Rendezvous. 


Rendezvous 

On a final note I want to mention the packaging. I should have mentioned that first but got a bit carried away!  I've become a bit obsessed with a variety of chubby pencil type products and find that they're particularly great when it comes to lip products. I have relatively thin lips and sometimes normal lipsticks are difficult to use if I'm in a hurry, especially if they're quite pigmented or bright. I like the fact the Balm Stains don't require sharpening, too.


Crush

Are the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains worth the hype?
Yes! 


Rendezvous, Crush

Do you agree?

Stace xx

17 comments:

  1. i haven't tried them but crush looks like a lovely colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty nice! especially the orange one :) I havent tried it, so I cant really tell, but from what I see I would love to give them a go :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rendezvous is my favourite right now - although I do like both of them :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see how these colours look like on your lips! They look gorgeous in the swatches. I need to invest, desperately.
    Really enjoy your page, come check mine out if you get the chance.
    Love
    GabriellaSofia
    x
    http://hautefuture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - I'm terrible at taking photos of lip swatches!

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried them out yet, but I definitely want to - great review xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) let me know what you think if/when you try them!xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try out crush! Thanks for the great review :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) I hope you get to try it soon.xx

      Delete
  6. I got one of these in america last year - it's a bit different as it has balm at one end and a kind of felt-tip pen applicator at the other. I don't usually wear any lipstick or gloss as I don't like the feeling of it on my lips, but this doesn't feel like you have anything on AND it lasts for forever, both on your lips and generally. I'm still using my pen and I bought it over a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! They sell those here too - they're just called Just Bitten Lip Stains - it's confusing! Those are great products too :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have a ton of these and really do love them. There are a few shades that are a miss for me but I think 100% that these are worth the hype. The ones from Clinique and Tarte are totally different. They are more glossy and sometimes more sheer. These are really more of a stain. I love them.

    Meredith
    nycmakeuplover1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Tarte pencil in Swank (a red shade) and it's creamier than the Revlon ones but it does stain my lips. The Clinique one I had was SO dry and nasty. I really didn't care for it at all. The Revlon ones are a sort of middle ground, I guess.xx

      Delete
  8. Sadly I don't like them...they are too dry and not pigmented for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which shades did you try? I do find I have to go over my lips a couple of times to get the most pigmentation out of them.xx

      Delete
  9. I <3 these! So good
    xxx

    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete